Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Illustration Friday - Year of the Rooster

This is my friend Georgie, the rooster- a very primitive drawing of Georgie. And there's also a pix of him. When I like to do something (which for me equates to being obsessed) I usually do alot of it and then move on to something else. Several years ago I made small stuffed dolls and animals and I made so many of them I had to give them away. I don't even remember who I gave most of them to and since I didn't have a digital camera at the time, no pix. Well, I was walking past someone's cube at work and there was this little guy - felt like finding a long lost friend. I grabbed him to take home for some pictures. But since Illo is about Illos, I also drew him. So, here's my Year of the Rooster - 2 for 1 entry. And the drawing really doesn't look like Georgie because even though I went to buy a white pen, I came home with every color but white. And since he's is also a Softie, I guess I'll post him on that site too. He has to go back to his other home tomorrow but I do have visitation rights and I will always have these pictures.




6 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

The illo's cute - nice colors - and I ADORE the softie!

Elle

11:26 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Thanks. If I can take a break from drawing, I'm going to make some friends for Georgie.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! So bright!

-Bertha
http://www.livejournal.com/users/bertha79/

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like how colorful that it. Very fun!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I love both! Perfect

6:57 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Thank you all very much. This was really done very quickly and didn't come out the way I wanted so all your comments are very much appreciated!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter