Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Comments - I want to thank Steve and Jim for those helpful hints. Everyone loves it when someone says they like their work. I mean, I do a snoopy dance when that happens (and when I get linked to). But more important than that is when you get those comments that change your work, that open your eyes to doing something different. So, please everyone and anyone consider this blog a classroom for Janey. Suggest a new technique, leave a helpful hint, reference an artist's work. I'm open for any suggestions. I want to be good at this and you can help!

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

The most important lesson you can learn now at this point is what do you WANT.
All the tech advise and hints and secrets will do you very little good unless you know what you want to accomplish as an artist. Illustrate books ? Painted canvas for museum galleries ? Comic books ? Real life anatomy sketches ?
It's a matter of focus. Choose a path, develope a skill in it, move on and conquer another path.
Having a fire in your belly really helps. The passion to create and illustrate is usually based on a need to express an emotion, a feeling, or a story. Art which only protrays without a reason could be analogous to a xerox machine. Production without a heart. Throw yourself at your work. Giggle, rant, cry, or shout Eureka ! But ya gotta believe in what you do.
I'm gonna shut my cake hole now...

8:04 PM  
Blogger Jim Bumgarner said...

Good advice from Steve! I've been looking for someone to say something like this.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter