Thursday, March 03, 2005

I want to make something perfectly clear - I hate jelly beans. You might as well eat a gooey sugar cube - yecch. But I do love the colors.

My eye operation (detached retina) 4 years ago left me very sensitive to light and color. And sometimes lines are a little more than squiggly, sometimes I have to concentrate to draw a straight line since that's not what I see. Outdoors I get that Clint Eastwood thing going and indoor fluorescent light can give me headaches. The positive side of this (besides still having sight in that eye) is that colors are brighter for me then most people. On a good day, they sing and on a bad day, they scream bloody murder. Hence my drawing style and the colors. I also have cataracts in both eyes. I told the surgeon when colors don't seem as bright anymore, I'll know it's time to get that taken care of. But hey it's ok, I have my eyesight and I have all those colored pens and I get to have a 21" monitor at work. Life's not so bad and it's downright colorful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

HI there Janey, dropped in again from EDM. Must have been real scary for an artist to have detached retina. So glad that you still have the sight in that eye. My Ma-in-law has macular degeneration, she is a fantastic artist, I know that when her central vision gets really bad that she will still keep on creating somehow. But it can't be much fun for her.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter