Monday, March 14, 2005

Illustration Friday Theme - Fragile. I was thinking about this all day. I could draw a leaf falling from a tree or an old person or a baby or even a house of cards - one breath it's gone, can't get more fragile then that. Then I started thinking how fragile life really is, how fragile I really am. So I drew my hand. If I really wanted to, if I felt that tired, it would just take a cut across that very fragile layer of skin to the vein beneath and life would just drift away. I could do that, I could be that strong that I could break that fragile bond that holds me to life. Well, that's my entry. And I'm not suicidal, really. Just like to think dark thoughts every now and then.

3/16/05 - From the emails and the comments I've received on this post, I think it must have touched alot of people. I'm grateful for all the concern and the comments. One thing I've learned about dysfunctional families - you either come out of it strong or not. Fortunately, I took my family as role models on what not to do, the kind of person not to be. The memories I have are there, they'll never go away, my childhood made me who I am. The pain may fade but the scares remain. That's just life you know. Not much you can do but stand up, smile and keep on drawing.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's deep. Just come up to the surface once in a while and drink up the sunshine. Cheers !

8:35 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Good take on theme girl!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Ooooh... that IS deep... I like the way you colored this too.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this interpretation - real does convey the theme well.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

4:43 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Janey, it would take weakness to break that fragile bond that holds you to life. You view it as strength because you are strong - deep thinking of fragility between skin and vein. This is a strong hand.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

yes i think this really hits the mark, the underside of the hand and wrist always looks so vunerable and fragile to me, sometimes i find it hard to look at this part of the body i feel it so much so.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Thank you all for your comments. I guess this weeks Illo and EDM themes really stirred things up a bit. There were so many good entries.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

It takes a lot of hidden strength to deal with deep hurts. Keep your head high

7:39 PM  
Blogger jas faulkner said...

Your commentary was really lovely.


I'm enjoying the choices you make with ink(?)watercolor(?)...can't wait to see more.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter