Monday, April 04, 2005

Illustration Friday Travel - Travel means transportation so here's my favorite mode of transportation when I travel. And here's a story about my bike.

First, my bike isn't these colors, I wish it was but nope. I bought it last year after I got tennis elbows. I don't play tennis so how you ask did I get tennis elbows? I like to ride and Florida is ideal. It's flat, very flat. The only hills are overpasses and garbage dumps. So I would ride for 30 miles which would take about 3 hours. I wasn't training for the Olympics just like to take in the scenery. Well, my bike was unfortunately not made for someone 5' 2 1/2 so I had to lean forward and put pressure on my arms for 30 miles at a stretch. And I got tennis elbows. After a year of physical therapy and no riding, it was time to buy a new bike. And my new bike is thing of beauty - not really expensive I mean they had bikes for $3,000 so $400 was not much. The handle bars are adjustable so they are high up and the seat is pushed closer to the bars. I can ride sitting up and no pressure on the arms. And it's got shocks and a very big seat. I love my bike yes I do. I know it's a long story but I like to write stories for my drawings.



12 Comments:

Blogger Janey said...

Thanks. I use prismacolor art markers and love 'em.

7:56 PM  
Blogger steve said...

We like your stories, keep telling them !
Bike riding is great exercise and a great way to enjoy scenery. Plus the freedom of bike riding is incomparable. Great illustration ! Wish I still had my bike...

8:01 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Everytime I ride I remember my first big bike and the joy and freedom I felt when those training wheels come off. Now go get another bike.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jim Bumgarner said...

You know, you are just AWESOME! I gotta get me somathem markers!! The composition shows a very keen eye on your part, and the colors, well breathtaking isn't too strong an adjective here. My bike is sitting in the back yard under a tarp. Poor thing, I need to get it out and go ride along the great Columbia river..

9:45 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Alright now I'm blushing. I actually did a full view of the bike but it was well boring. So, instead I thought of it as one of my little portraits. If you get close enought to anything, they take on a graphic look (I think).

9:49 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Good point !

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is a rather lovely bike! i believe that such a bike deserves a name!:)
cheers,
kerry

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great, I really like the colors!

stanleylieber

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the bike story and the illo is good too. I can feel the wind blowing through my hair. ~www.rozzieland.blogs.com

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bike and the colors. I feel like I'm riding!

DBD

2:42 PM  
Blogger Braidwood said...

That's nice. I love the colors. It's very dynamic.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Janey said...

Thank you for your nice comments. I haven't been able to think of a name yet. Maybe we'll have a contest.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter