Saturday, April 02, 2005

Practice, Practice, Practice - My new moto. There was a quote on someone's blog that "you learn to draw by drawing" which I think equates to practice. I have a hard time doing real people. So, I'm compartmentalizing them. Right now I'm drawing heads, that's why there's so many of them. I think if I get the body parts down right, I'll be able to put them together - sort of like my own grid system.

Next up is a series of heads with expressions, happy, sad, angry etc. Then it's on to hands - lots and lots of hands.

Thanks to Jim and Steve for all the suggestions.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Like the idea of practice, practice, practice. Something to add to my lists - yes I love lists too.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Lists are our friends. They're better then valium. A lits makes you concentrate on what your doing. Would be nice if they made us do them of course but you can't have everything. I even practice my lists. I do the same ones over and over until I have what I really want. I'm sure that's a symptom of something. It's probably on some list.

8:02 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I'm sure you're gonna have a blast doing faces, like you usually do. Hands can be a thorn in the side ( or someplace more tender ). Feet have always been one of my banes, the sheer number of goofy bones with odd shapes drove me nuts. Still do. Exaggerating the body parts helps by making it fun, distortion is a secret learning tool artists in the know practice with great gusto. If you can't draw it to your satisfaction then make a joke out of it and lampoon the serious subject. The results can be educational and hilarious...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

Yeah, the cartoon heads are so much easier. If I make a mistake, it just becomes part of the drawing. I just go a new book on Egon so hands will be here shortly.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

visitors to my little piece of the world
Web Counter